Why are you here?

Monday, July 25, 2011

Mission #2: For you who are bold...make friends!

If you're like me and have had bad experiences with friends, then I don't blame you for cringing at those words. If not, you're very lucky. Either way, friends are essential, aren't they? Each person is different and unique. The best ways to make someone's day are...

1.) Smile! A smile says a lot. Like, I care about you, or I hope you're doing good. It also lets others know that you are friendly and approachable, and that you're not rude. A smile has the power to change someone's life.
2.) Start a conversation. Listen to the person when they are talking, too! Ask them how their weekend was or what they are doing after school or work. Don't be cheesy, though. That scares people. See if you have any common interests!
3.) Be friendly and brave. People know when you're faking. Believe me. Let them know that you aren't, and that you won't hurt them. Victims of bullying are very fragile, so be gentle and kind. Always.

If you see anyone being bullied, or anyone who is alone and looks lonely, why not go to them? What if that was you. How would you feel? Maybe one of these days I'll share my testimony, but I know that if I had someone stand up for me when I was bullied (which was often..), things may have been better. Lots better.

I wanted to share this really powerful skit, too. Keep an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment